Sunday, April 12, 2015

#brightandshiny: March

Welcome back lovely readers!

Apologies for my blogging absence; I've been incredibly busy at work and at home which leaves very little time for blogging.

However, I've finally found myself alone with my laptop so really, there's no excuse.

March has been a pretty quiet, steady month in the Holvast household. Despite being swamped with work in the office and having various chores to catch up on, we've being just tootling along quite nicely.




Nick has been on his Easter holidays which means we've been spending loads of quality time together and taking the dog on loads of lovely walks. The clocks changing and the sun deciding to make an appearance has made the world of difference to how much I feel I can get done in a day. My general outlook is also much improved on last month - getting up and driving to work in daylight being a particular highlight! 

We've been focusing on saving money, being healthy and enjoying our time together this month. We've been eating amazingly well (I get a "meal of the month" accolade from Nick on a regular basis...) and doing fun things together like watching new movies, planning holidays and clearing the garden ready for summer. Nick has been just incredible at keeping on top of housework and doing spring cleaning while I've been working. We've also been saving a lot of money on a dog-sitter with him being off, so those extra pennies go towards treats for all of us.

Here are some snapshots of some of our #brightandshiny moments from this month, including: 
  • a super fun Mother's Day playing with my favourite niece and nephew
  • spring flowers in the park right outside our house 
  • seafood pasta
  • sweet potato cottage pie
  • matcha lattes
  • my beautiful pink hair (which is fading so perfectly!)
  • Sully's new basket 
  • Easter baking for the bake sale at work


  

 

 

 

 

What have you been up to this month? How have you been welcoming spring? I'd love to hear from you!

Til next time, CH x

No comments:

Post a Comment