Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pink, It's Not Even A Question.

Welcome back lovely readers! Hope you've all had a good week.

Ever since the new year I've been dying to get something done with my hair. I used to get beautiful blonde highlights every 3 months or so, and was totally in love with my gorgeous girly locks. When our financial situation became somewhat difficult I had to give up my regular trips to the salon and very quickly, my blonde bits started to grow out and my dull looking roots started creeping in. For the wedding, I decided I wanted something very natural looking to suit my skin tone and my ivory dress, and that would look good in every photo in all types of light. My hairdresser did a wonderful job of creating soft, light brown natural highlights that blended perfectly with my natural colour and looked stunning on the day. Apart from a Taylor Swift style cut post honeymoon I've been letting it grow out ever since.




As my Pinterest pals might know I've always had a bit of an obsession with pink in all of its forms, especially hair. I was totally in on the whole pink dipped ends thing a few years ago (which was a total nightmare to do myself) and would have had full-on pink hair long ago if it weren't for certain scheduled nuptials made possible by my lovely parents - a pink haired bride would just have been a step too far for them I think! 

However; the time has come. Life is short, you only live once, carpe diem blah blah blah... I am a grown-up with a house, a husband, a full-time job and the ability to make my own decisions. I don't want to get stuck in a "safe" rut, with boring brown hair and sensible shoes. I have always loved colour so why should my hair not get to enjoy some of the fun?

Ok enough justification, here are my "before" pics:


I had already been in to speak with my lovely hairdresser Vicky, at Towers Lee Hair Studio in Tynemouth about what I wanted, and she seemed thrilled at the idea of such a drastic change. I was armed with plenty pictures from Pinterest and we decided together the best way to achieve the results I wanted.

It was a long day in the salon, much to my delight, as Vicky started by painting some scattered bleachy highlights throughout my hair, and scrunching some bleach into the ends rather artistically. Then it was on with the colour!


After a quick cut to tidy up the ends and put in a sweeping fringe, the whole salon was waiting to see the end results, and boy they didn't disappoint!

Ta-dah! Shiny new purply-pink hair.


I went straight to meet my husband for dinner in Tynemouth and he was amazed at my transformation. He loves it, and so do I.

The colour is pretty bright right now but that's to allow it to fade nicely and then the definition from the highlights will become more obvious. I can't wait to see how the colour will change over the next few washes, I'm actually looking forward to a more faded finish.

A massive thank you to Vicky and the whole team at Towers Lee for such a lovely afternoon and a totally amazing job done.

What do you think of my makeover? Would any of you change up your hair colour to something more daring?

I'd love to hear from you.

Til next time, CH




6 comments:

  1. It looks more purple than pink, but it does suit you and looks amazing. Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yeah it does look purple here, in the sunlight it looks more pinky, and I'm hoping it will fade through a rosy kind of colour. Thanks though 😊

      Delete
  2. LOVE the colour! I'm dying to dye my hair a soft pink shade (I'm naturally really blonde), but it's just not possible working in a corporate environment... sob :( one day though! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully one day the world will accept that hair doesn't have to be a certain shade. Really hope you get your pink! X

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love it! :) It makes me miss my all over red hair :(

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took a while to get used to, but how rich and vibrant the colour looks even when it needs washed. No more dull days :) x

      Delete