Sunday, April 12, 2015

Fresh Faced for Spring



Welcome back lovely readers!

It's been far too long since I did a beauty post, so here I go with a jam packed Spring feature.




It's pretty common at this time of year for us beauty junkies to undergo some sort of overhaul, be it make-up, skincare, bodycare, haircare whatever. Dull winter skin and hair needs a rejuvenating new regime to brighten and refresh.

For me, it's all about fresh faced beauty. I'm lusting after clear, bright skin with minimal make-up and super shiny, soft hair. My body is slowing recovering from being buried under winter layers and is crying out for a deep cleanse, slough and smooth.

Firstly, after months of heavy moisturisers and a daily double cleanse, it's time for my face to get back to basics. A simple morning cleanse and a light, brightening balm leaves skin soft and supple, and ready for pretty spring make-up.

My new favourite essentials for this look are:

Soap and Glory Drama Clean - 5 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water
Boots Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm
Clinique Airbrush Concealer
Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Live Pink
Soap and Glory Mighty Mouth Lip Balm XLarge in Naked Pink
Soap and Glory Smooch Operator

This is such a simple regime, it's hard to believe the amazing results! I love how fresh this cleanser makes my skin feel; never tight or dry. The scent is really uplifting in the morning too. This Clinique concealer is the product I've repurchased more than anything else I own. It covers stubborn shadows and blemishes without the need for foundation, and blends like a dream. I've upgraded to this brighter blush to tone in with my new hair colour and to match the luscious pink of the Soap and Glory Mighty Mouth Lip Balm which plumps and smooths as well as softens and soothes. Smooch Operator is for my desk at work - soft and tasty for touch ups during the day.


Secondly, after taking the plunge into "bright" territory in the hair department, my rosy pink mane is enjoying these peach scented Aussie wonder products that cleanse, moisturise, protect and brighten colour all whilst leaving hair super shiny and healthy looking:

Aussie Colour Mate Shampoo
Aussie Colour Mate Conditioner
Aussie Miracle Recharge Colour


Last but not least is one of my absolute favourite products EVER for the rest of me; Dr. Ceuticals Beach Perfect Body Firmer is an all-in-one product for the body. It delivers deep moisture whilst working to tone and firm skin, improving not only the appearance but the actual condition of skin. It smooths bumps, sculpts curves and battles cellulite all in one deliciously summer scented cream that is easy to massage in and doesn't leave any sticky residue or tingly after-feeling. I just love it. My ultimate go to for preparing to bare.

Dr. Ceuticals Beach Perfect Body Firmer


What are your favourite spring products? How do you change up your regime at this time of year? I'd love to hear from you!

Til next time, CH x

No comments:

Post a Comment