Sunday, January 27, 2013

Under the Weather Saviours

So I've been feeling really under the weather this weekend and as usual I turn to my bathroom cabinet for comfort, be it in the form of paracetamol and ibuprofen or a good old soul-soothing bubble bath. I woke up this morning feeling like a hippo had slept on my head so the first thing I reached for was the decongestant nasal spray to zing me to life, followed by soluble paracetamol (easy on the sore throat) and a delicious cup of coffee offered at my bedside from my wonderful BF. After auto-piloting through making a well deserved cooked breakfast (sundays are made for eggs and beans, right?) I plunged my exhausted self into a deep, hot bath filled with Soap and Glory's finest Calm One Calm All Bubble Bath. It really is ideal for aching muscles. It softens and cares for your skin whilst melting away your aches and pains all with a delicious fragrance so girly you can't help but feel pampered. It was also time for the hair-care regime and today's turn went to The Body Shop's Banana Shampoo and Conditioner. A perfect soothing routine for my aching head. After much wallowing it was time to get dry and moisturised. I didn't have the energy to rub in a thick body butter like I normally do, so I went for The Body Shop's Watermelon Body Lotion which is soft and light yet surprisingly hydrating, with a fresh, clean scent and texture similar to yoghurt. I find it very indulgent; I go around the house feeling like a giant dessert for a while afterwards. A quick face wash with Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean and gentle massage with Boots Botanics All Bright Day Cream and that's enough for now. My lips are seriously dry with all the nose-blowing so I have The Body Shop's Aloe Lip Treatment in my pocket for intense hydration and repair. I can't really face make-up when I'm feeling this poorly, so I'm just going to daydream about it instead and most likely spend the rest of my day internet shopping for the latest market must haves. The staff night out is coming up and at work and I've been spying on a new outfit from Next, and maybe some new shoes, and a new handbag for my holiday in two weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment