Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chanel Illuminating Powder

My newest purchase is definitely a good one. On a routine little trip to Boots yesterday with my mum she decided to treat me with some of her points and voila, here I am with a brand new shiny Chanel powder compact. But not just any compact, the newest limited edition Illuminating Powder from the spring collection. It's the most beautiful golden champagne colour intended to brighten the complexion with a halo of soft focus glow. And wow it really works!! I couldn't wait to try it so I used it last night when I was getting ready for work. Even taking it out of the velvet case feels like a luxury ritual, and revealing the powder inside brings a smile to the face at any time. It's beautifully stamped with their iconic interlocked double C and then covered in an intricate lipstick and rose print. It comes with a sponge applicator but I chose to use my MAC highlighter brush to sweep along my cheekbones (quite high, just under the eyes) and I even swept a little over my eyelids in place of my usual metallic eyeshadow. I was immediately impressed by how illuminating it actually is. My whole face looked brighter and warmer. A colleague commented on my skin at work too so it was clearly worth it! I'm sure it'll be a really versatile powder to use all over the face and on all skintones.

http://www.boots.com/en/CHANEL-POUDRE-SIGNEE-DE-CHANEL-Illuminating-Powder_1296035/

No comments:

Post a Comment