Sunday, February 22, 2015

Early Morning Mighties

Hello happy readers!

Welcome back.

Every time I blog I always swear to make more time and blog more often, and I pretty much never do. I'm just so busy! However, I've been meaning to do this post for a while and I've finally found the time whilst the potatoes are baking in the oven and the husband is watching the footy so here goes.

Now that I'm working full time and doing shifts, I often find that a full skincare and make-up regime in the morning is almost impossible to achieve. I get up at 6:20 to wake up, have coffee and get myself and the dog ready to leave the house at 7:40 to start work at 8:30, which gives me around 25 minutes (normally) to get clean, do my face and get dressed.

When it comes to skincare I never used to be one for cutting corners or for multi-purpose products aimed at saving both time and money. Now that I'm pushed for time (and energy...) in the morning, but still want to look my best, I've found a few holy-grail-esque products that work absolute wonders!




First up is this Aloe Vera Awakening Cleanser + Toner from Arran Aromatics:


This is a gel-like all in one cleanser and toner that you apply with a cotton pad for clean, refreshed, soft, glowing skin. I quite simply adore this product. When you're pushed for time it's a real complexion saver. It also effectively removes make-up is made from skin-loving naturally derived ingredients. It smells great and really helps to zing me to life in the morning.

Next up is one of my most favourite products ever; The Body Shop All In One BB  Cream:


This is the best BB cream that I've ever used; better than all of the premium brands I've tried. It's the perfect combination of moisture and colour that smooths and perfects as well as nourishes and protects my skin all day. This cream has a tint-release formula so it's white when you first put it on, and then adapts to your skin colour in conjunction with your chosen shade. In winter I use shade 00, and 01 all through summer as the shades do tend to be on the darker side. This product actually inspired this post! This is the product that I re-purchase most regularly as I use it pretty much every day. It's a really good base for make-up too as it has a perfecting, primer type quality to it which helps make-up last all day. Even in my most exhausted, dreary eyed state I can apply this cream easily to it's a morning must-have for me.

Finally, I use Benefit Bella Bamba Blush:


No matter how tired you are, or whatever state your skin may be in, this blush will make you look well slept, healthy and ready to face the day. They should rename it "The Perkinator"! The colour suits a wide range of skin tones and is really easy to blend and build, you can even use it on eyelids. It's a total complexion brightener that I wouldn't skip before heading out to work. It also lasts forever! I've been using this blush for years (yes I know you're supposed to throw it our after a certain amount of time but I'm pretty hygienic...) and although I can see the pan, there's still plenty life left in this little wonderbox.

I could probably ramble on for days about all of my favourite morning products, but these are my top three that I wouldn't live without.

What do you use in the morning? Do you look for products that save time? Or do you make time to do your normal regime?

I'd love to hear what you think!

CH
x









No comments:

Post a Comment