Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Hint of Summer

It's about time I gave you gorgeous readers something else to get you beautiful eyes stuck into! Apologies for my extremely late update, but I do have a really good excuse. Since I got engaged I haven't been spending any money at all. I think the last thing I bought for myself was a lip balm and even then I used my boots points - it was a good one though, the new Elizabeth Arden Intensive Repair Lip Balm to help with the dermatitis on my face and my wintry chapped lips. Honestly, engaged life is the best money saving tip ever! So unfortunately I don't have any beautiful new products to review for you, but I do have some ideas for summer (which is just about starting to let us know it still exists) and my wish list is, as usual, ever growing.

Ok so first up is tanning products. Or to be more specific, bronzing products. There is no better way to cheat a healthy summer glow than with a perfectly prescribed bronzer. There are endless options out there so I'll go through a few of what I consider to be the best.

Powders are definitely the easiest product to start with. They're very versatile and even a novice can achieve great results. They come in just about every shade you could imagine but for a really natural colour try New Elizabeth Arden New York in Bloom Radiant Bronzing Powder in Soft. It's the perfect blend of golden and skin-toned shades to create a subtle glow. It's so simple to sweep over cheekbones, chin, forehead, down the centre of your nose and across your collarbone. You'll look like you've had a week in the Med in seconds. Next up is Guerlain Terracotta Sheer Light Bronzing Powder. There are 4 seriously clever shades in this range - 2 for blondes and 2 for brunettes, natural or sunkissed. Use the natural shade for a healthy glow or the sunkissed for a more tanned effect. Once again this light powder can be applied anywhere you would naturally tan and is great at enhancing features. For a cheaper version try Rimmel 3 in 1 Shimmering Bronzer, which has three shades that can be used altogether or individually to highlight and sculpt. This is a great value product to see you through summer as it can be used all over the face to customise your bronzed look.

Next up are liquid bronzers. Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan Make-Up is a quick and easy way to fake a tan for face and body. It dries quickly so it won't stain your clothes and has a natural matte finish. It's wash-off though so check the weather forecast before slapping this all over your bare legs. This works as a perfect base for shimmering summer make-up. For a really indulgent liquid try Guerlain Terracotta Skin. This is a velvety golden liquid that melts into the skin giving you a natural, sunkissed glow. It's full of skin-loving ingredients too which is a bonus and is ideal for wearing alone on bare skin. I'm a huge fan of the Guerlain Terracotta range. All of their products are easy to use and provide great results.

Another way to ease yourself into summer is to invest in a tanning moisturiser. Use a brand that still provides good skincare whilst gently tanning the skin on a daily basis. I adore Soap and Glory Glow Job Daily Radiance Moisturiser. This is a creamy moisturiser for the face that has a hint of bronze built in, and when used everyday helps to maintain a healthy glow. Also try award winning San Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan for Face. Again this is an effective face cream that gently tans the skin on a daily basis creating a natural looking glow.

When it comes to full on self tanning I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat as my skin is so pale and my patience so lacking that I always end up looking a total mess. I'm yet to actually find a tanner that is the right colour for my skin (too yellow, too orange, too brown...) so I stick to simple solutions and embrace my fair complexion. It looks more natural anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment