Sunday, August 02, 2015

Garnier Skincare Trio: Summer



Welcome back lovely readers!

 I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I've certainly been enjoying some down time after another busy week.

Today I'm going to review three new products I purchased last weekend:




  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
  • Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream
  • Garnier BB Cream: Anti-Ageing


Garnier products in boxGarnier products


Micellar Cleansing Water

This type of cleanser is a major market staple at the moment. An easy to use, quick, all-in-one super effective cleanser that promises to remove every last trace of make-up as well as care for even sensitive skin.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. It really does deliver on the make-up removal front; even really stubborn, waterproof mascara. It feels super silky on the skin, not like a make-up remover at all, and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean rather than tight and dry.

I've used it morning and night for a week and have noticed a definite improvement in the breakouts on my forehead and chin. The only downside I can see, is that it looks as though the little bottle won't last very long. I bought the handbag sized one because it was offer at Boots, and it's already about a quarter used. Whilst this really isn't bad at all for value versus longevity of a product, I've definitely had other cleansing waters that seem to last forever.

All in all, very happy with my little cleanser. Perfect for late nights and early mornings when I'm tired or short on time.

Miracle Sleeping Cream

This is an "anti-ageing, de-tiring" night cream, suitable for all skin types.

My very first impression when buying this cream was that it was incredibly light; so much so that I actually shook the box to make sure there was a pot in there! The pot itself is very light plastic, which seems a shame considering other creams in the same price range come in sturdy glass jars (such as Nivea Q10+ Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream).

Moving on from the look of the packaging, the cream inside looks good enough to eat. Claiming to have an "instant smoothing effect", you can see that's true just from the cream itself. It has an almost custard-like quality which is very pleasant to apply, and it acts and feels like a primer. A little goes a very long way, so I'm no longer worried about how light the pot is. It also smells really fresh and feminine. My husband couldn't get enough of it, sniffing my face every night and telling me I smelled like holidays!

On to the results; I'm thrilled! De-tired is a perfect way to describe my morning face. Significant reduction in dark circles and lines, especially around my mouth. My skin looks and feels plumped and full of life. Moisturised and glowing. Very, very impressed.

I've been using this cream every night for a week and I woke up like this:

Morning face

BB Cream: Anti-Ageing

I've used Garnier's Original BB Cream before, a very long time ago when it first came out and remember loving it. I've gone for the Anti-Ageing version this time simply for the added skin benefits.

This BB cream is a bit oily compared to others, which I quite like as I wear it for so many hours a day, and my skin just drinks up all that moisture. It can be a bit tricky to apply because its quite thick and sticky, but when applied to dry skin and blended well with fingertips I get a nice, even finish. The colour is definitely on the darker side of 'light', so I avoid my eyebrows and blend well around the hairline so I don't get any tell-tale orange streaks.

Once the cream has settled into my skin and dried a little, the colour lightens up and any finger marks disappear to leave a flawless, bright complexion. Even my blemishes are well covered, reducing the need for concealer. It's a really great base for make-up as it's so smooth and soft. I use Rimmel Clear Complexion translucent powder over the top and it never cakes or settles into lines. 

Again, very impressed with the results of this product.

Here's a pic after using my Micellar Cleansing Water:

Cleansed face

And here's a pic after applying the BB Cream:

Garnier BB Cream Face

A few dots of my trusty Clinique Airbrush Concealer around my eyes and mouth, a touch of powder, blush, mascara and lip balm and I'm ready to face the day!

Garnier Face

Thank you Garnier for my perfect summer trio; my skin is looking and feeling amazing!

Do any of you rate these products? I'd love to hear from you!

Til next time, CH x









No comments:

Post a Comment